Here we go . . . the last days of summer are here!
This is our golden month and our favorite month. Here are some things we love about September:
- Early morning dips in the lake with steam rising around us. The water is far warmer than the air!
- Picking blackberries finally ripened by the summer’s dazzling sunshine and sweetened by the night’s fall-like chill.
- The Fat Tire Festival – this year Sept. 13 – 15. A fun family weekend of fat racing finished off by Sunday Funday – with a bike hill climb, bike log pull, bike bowling and kid’s bike rodeo.
- Fishing – the best time to fish. The crappies and walleyes are just getting hungry!
- The golden forest – as the leaves begin to fade, the light through the forest shimmers with gold!
- Earthy scents from fall harvest.
- Northern Lights and Meteor Showers – spectacles to enjoy on our clear, crisp northern nights.
- FOOTBALL – Go Hurricanes! Go Badgers! Go Bull Dogs! Go Pack!
- Bidding farewell to mosquitoes.